2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD
The Silverado 3500HD is a monster of a pick-up truck. First manufactured by Chevrolet in 1998, the Silverado comes in multiple trims and is the perfect truck for those who need tough jobs done right. With a tow and cargo capacity that is unrivaled compared to other pickups in its class and performance and powertrain combination options that are best-in-class, there is no stopping the 2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD for heavy work or recreation tasks. Whether you are towing serious work equipment or weekend warrior gear, the Silverado 3500 HD will not disappoint with its power and capability. The exterior of the Silverado is big, bold, and makes a real presence on the road. On the interior, drivers ride in a quiet and comfortable cabin, that can easily be mistaken for a luxury vehicle rather than the inside of a pick-up truck.
Exterior Color Options:
On Board Wi-Fi:
The design of the 2018 Chevy Silverado was made for truck lovers who expect the most from their vehicle. Bold, tough, and capable, the Silverado 3500HD is also great looking and comfortable and intuitive on the inside. Steering wheel controls create an ease of use for drivers to control calls as well as the MyLink display and cruise control options while driving. Stay powered up on the go with available USB ports and a 110V power outlet. Wireless charging pad is available to keep you powered up on the go.
When it comes to comfort, the 2018 Silverado has you covered. Foam seats add form support for a comfortable ride on daily commutes and longer hauls. Drivers and passengers will enjoy a quiet cabin ride from the specially crafted materials that dampen sound when paired with the triple-sealed door feature. You can’t beat the cabin of the Silverado for providing a virtual office on wheels. With roomy interior, amazing connectivity, like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, onboard 4G LTE Wi-Fi, and more, drivers can work and more from the comfort and convenience of their Silverado cabin.
Exterior design on the Silverado not only looks big and bold, but it also improves the function of your truck. Available features like spray on bed liners protect your truck bed from scrapes and dings and keep your cargo from sliding around. Cargo tie downs secure your goods on the go, and a corner step rear bumper makes loading and unloading access to the truck bed easier than ever before. Your Chevy dealership can show you the wide variety of Chevrolet manufactured parts and accessories that are available to upgrade and customize your Silverado’s appearance and performance.
Every driver knows how important control is when you are towing and trailering large loads. That’s why Chevy outfitted the 2018 Silverado 3500HD with some of the most impressive stability control technology that’s available today.
- Tow and Haul Mode: This technology shifts to help drivers to control their shifting and gears while pulling heavy loads uphill.
- Stabilitrak with Trailer Sway Control: Radar technology detects when a trailer is moving out of range and uses trailer and vehicle brakes to help bring it back into proper alignment.
- Hill Start Assist: Reduce roll back when stopping and starting on hills and steeper inclines with this super useful technology that lets drivers have a little more time to swap between gas and brakes.
- Digital Steering Assist: Electronic controls make steering and stability on different road conditions easier for drivers to predict and control for both their Silverado and its trailering cargo.
Visibility is obviously another big concern when trailering and towing large loads. The 2018 Silverado 3500HD is equipped with available visibility technology that allows drivers to see what’s happening to keep both drivers and their cargo safe and in control on the road. Available visibility control technology includes:
- EchoMaster Trailering Camera System: Up to four available cameras let drivers get rid of blind spots and line-up your trailer when reversing and parking. Drivers can also view their cargo while traveling.
- Rear Vision Camera: The rear vision camera lets drivers see what’s happening in the rear with their trailer. This tech is invaluable when reversing or hitching up trailering cargo from behind.
- Trailering Mirrors: Carefully placed mirrors illuminated by LED lamps give great views of what’s happening around the outside of the Silverado and the trailered cargo.
Additional braking technology is available as well to help drivers control their truck and their trailed cargo. The available braking technology includes diesel exhaust brakes, integrated trailer brake controller, auto grade braking, 4-wheel disc brakes with Duralife rotors. Speak to your local Chevrolet dealer to find out more about all of the available performance tech for the 2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD.
The 2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to towing power and the performance pairings to back it up. Its durability and dependability cannot be matched, making it one of Chevy’s most loved trucks by those who need tough, heavy-duty tasks done right the first time. There are two engine options to choose from: a Duramax 6.6 L turbo Diesel and a Vortec 6.0 L V8.
The Duramax Turbo Offers:
- 445 horsepower
- 910 lb-ft of torque
- 6-speed transmission
The Vortec 6.0L V8 gives drivers:
- 360 horsepower
- 380 lb-ft of torque
- 6-speed automatic, heavy-duty transmission
These amazingly powerful engine and transmission configurations give the Silverado the power it needs to tow serious cargo loads. The Silverado 3500HD gives drivers the power to tow up to 14,600 lbs with the Vortec 6 Liter V8 engine, or a whopping 23,300 lbs with the upgraded available Duramax 6.6L 6L Turbo-Diesel V8 engine. With all of this towing capability and performance power, it’s easy to see why the Silverado is a favorite heavy-duty pickup for drivers and critics alike.