What is the GMC MultiPro Tailgate?
The tailgate of a truck should be easy to use and keep cargo secure, but what if it could do more than just open and close? Enter the GMC MultiPro tailgate. It’s available on the 2020 and 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT, AT4 and Denali models and has six different configurations. That’s right – six! But what exactly is the GMC MultiPro Tailgate and what can it do?
Read More: What is the 2020 GMC Acadia AT4
GMC’s innovative tailgate is two tailgates in one and has a primary gate and a small inner gate. The primary gate works like a conventional tailgate and the small inner gate has a hinge on the primary gate. By configuring both parts together or independently, the tailgate can accommodate any task and can open up into an entry step, extend the truck’s bed and much more.
- Primary Gate
- The setting allows the MultiPro to open and close like a traditional tailgate automatically with the push of a button, or manually.
- Primary Gate Load Stop
- Simply open up the inside panel within the MultiPro’s inner gate to provide a load stop that keeps items from sliding out of the truck’s bed.
- Easy Access
- The MultiPro’s inner gate can be lowered, which allows you to stand 7-9″ closer to the inside of the trailgate’s bed. This is particularly handy for reaching into the truck bed for cargo.
- Full-Width Step
- Fold down the MultiPro’s inner panel to reveal a 48” wide step that is rated at 375 pounds, perfect for easy access to the truck’s bed.
- Inner Gate Load Stop
- The MultiPro’s inner gate also has a load stop feature, that makes it easy to keep the keep cargo secure and prevent it from sliding out of the truck while driving.
- Inner Gate Working Surface
- Lower the MultiPro’s inner gate and you have a work surface at a comfortable height, perfect for tailgating, working on a project, filling out paperwork or the like. This feature, combined with the available, in-bed 120-volt electrical outlet, adds another level of functionality to the Sierra 1500.
Find the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 in Kennesaw, GA
We invite you to stop by our beautiful showroom in Kennesaw, GA today! We have a great selection of new 2019 and 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 models and a helpful team of experts who can answer any questions you might have. Stop by and see us!
Read More: Does GMC make a 4500 truck?